Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Family Guy: Blue Harvest

Family Guy: Blue Harvest


Family Guy: Blue Harvest

Posted:

Family Guy: Blue Harvest (DVD)
By Seth MacFarlane

As already being a fan of the Star Wars Legacy and Family Guy, I was excited when I saw the commercials for the Family Guy Star Wars Special. I knew this was different then just the regular episodes, and like so many others, I tuned in and was pleasantly surprised. Not only was the storyline similar and different to the actual movies, it also had its own subtleties that made it unique to the way only Family Guy could do it. The movie is based on "A New Hope" (the one that came out in 1977), launching a generation of Star Wars loyalists. Everyone gets a part, and I love Stewie as Darth. It was a perfect fit as he tries yet again to conquer the world.

You can get either the regular DVD or the special edition pack. I am not really sure what's in the regular DVD, but I just bought the special edition at a store today and you get everything. Obviously, the biggest reason you would get the special edition version is because of the shirt. I love it. The details and colors are amazing. What's funny is, it looks like C-3PO/Quagmire is asking R2-D2/Cleveland about his sister's lesbot.

Additional goodies that you get are the baseball style cards, where one side you can put together and its a jigsaw puzzle (I wont spoil it for you), the 3-D glasses so you can watch the fight scene in 3-D. The 19 page booklet is included with sketches and storyboard. Another great feature is that Disc 2 includes the movie where you can transfer it to computer, video iPod, iPhone, and other portable media players. What that means is you can watch the movie on your iPhone, Zune, etc. The final piece is the box. Its actually a great finish piece that puts everything into place neatly and you can even use it as a centerpiece display to show off.

It's worth it. I don't think it's a rip-off like other people claim. You get a lot for 25 dollars, and I am happy and I know that this is something I will enjoy for a really long time. Freakin' Sweet.


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2