Saturday, October 19, 2013

Max Payne

Max Payne


Max Payne

Posted:

Max Payne (DVD)
By Mark Wahlberg

The Blu-ray Disc includes the Theatrical Version and the Unrated, Extended Cut. We watched the 'Extended Cut' and were not disappointed. They spared no change in producing this film. If you want to see the best your Blu-ray system can deliver, then look no further. It was extraordinarily beautiful---almost 3D like. I'm left to think of some of the snow scenes and how I felt I could reach out and capture the giant snowflakes---how I reached for a throw, suddenly feeling a chill.

I thought Mark Wahlberg did a splendid job portraying Payne. I was immediately drawn into the storyline with him seeking those responsible for the brutal murders of his wife and baby and how he was willing to die to avenge their deaths. His grief and anger were palpable and justifiable.

I've enjoyed Max Payne video games and I don't feel that they did an injustice to the gaming fans, with this production. I could easily translate Mark Wahlberg's character and the setting, into that of the games.

I did have to suspend disbelief regarding the pharmaceutical company and, 'the drug.' This is why I took off one star. For example, every person who takes a hallucinogenic drug will not have the same hallucinations, so I was a little baffled by the big winged creatures that appeared to be everyone's' side-effect, but they looked really cool, so I almost forgive them.

Several have said they felt there were slow moments, but I have to say I was on the edge of my seat for the entire 103 minutes. Perhaps I would not have felt so positive about the movie, itself, if it had not been such a spectacular AV experience. But considering the complete package, I do recommend you give it a try. You might want to rent it first, before buying, since this one seems rather polarizing with folks either liking it a lot, or hating it.


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2